TWSP – Communications Assistant
The purpose of the position is to increase Trent and community awareness and engagement in KWIC events and programs by creating effective communication materials and supporting program staff as needed.
1. Review and follow all Trent health and safety documentation; KWIC policies and procedures.
2. Support staff with communications to the Trent and broader Peterborough community, including: preparing and sending out press releases, creating event materials, newsletters, posting events on community calendars, social media, etc.
3. Review current communication strategies, innovate new ideas, make recommendations.
4. Represent KWIC at Trent and Community Outreach activities, as needed.
5. Attend and report on activity at KWIC monthly staff and volunteer meetings.
6. Participate in KWIC Orientation, workshops, staff/ volunteer meetings and activities (AGM), as required.
7. Manage time and work plan; participate in mid-term and exit interviews.
Must be TWSP eligible.
An interest in world issues, global and social justice.
Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback into projects.
Excellent computer and written English communication skills.
Eye for design. Skills and experience with poster design, social media campaigns, and newsletter development and dissemination.
We are looking for a passionate, self-starter who is highly motivated, able to work independently as well as collaboratively with staff, volunteers and community partners.
Experience in community building, event development and implementation and administration would be an asset.
KWIC is committed to creating and working in a respectful, inclusive environment for all staff, volunteers and guests.
Hours: approximately 8-10 hours per week
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted untill Friday , December 1st, 2017.
Application Procedure: Email your application to email@example.com.
Application Material Required:
- Cover Letter
- 3 references, at least two of which are work related
- 2 to 3 samples of communication materials (e.g.-posters) that you have designed
PLEASE PUT JOB TITLE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE.
As an equity seeking organization, KWIC encourages applications from individuals that represent the full diversity of communities in Canada, including complexities of intersecting identities such as ability, age, class, gender, race and sexual orientation.