The KWIC E.Y.E : Centre for Education | Youth | Environment
Located in room B101 in the Environmental Science Centre (ESC) at Trent University (1600 W Bank Dr, Peterborough), the KWIC E.Y.E Centre is an inclusive, creative space that connects youth to a place of belonging and opportunities to explore solutions to complex issues impacting their lives and future. The KWIC E.Y.E Centre is a quiet space to get some work done, spend time with your friends in between classes, and can be reserved for your group meetings! The space is open to both students and community members.
This is a prayer-friendly and accessible space. Masks are welcome and encouraged.
- September - April (Academic Year): Monday to Friday, 7 am to 7 pm
- KWIC Staff Hours are typically 9 am to 4:00 pm
May - August (Summer hours): Monday to Friday, 9 am to 3:30 pm
Watch our KWIC EYE Centre Tour on YouTube!
KWIC offers a shared meeting space with a free-lending library of alternative print resources on a wide-ranging selection of global-local issues, such as climate change, Indigenous rights, and gender equality.
How to borrow resources from the KWIC E.Y.E library:
- Sign out the resources using the sign-out sheet.
- After your two-week period, place the resources in the wooden box and fill out the ‘date returned’ section on the sign-out sheet.
For those interested in holding on to a resource for longer than the 2-week period, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We host events! Take a look at what we have coming up:
- There are currently no events.
Volunteer at the KWIC EYE Centre
We regularly look for volunteers to support the KWIC EYE Centre! Some opportunities include:
- Welcoming students into the centre and answering any questions
- Assisting at events and programs, including our Open House
- Supporting with the Free Lending Library by cataloguing and reshelving books
Booking the space
Students, clubs/groups and levy groups are also able to reserve the space for meetings and other private events.
How to book the space:
- Fill out the KWIC E.Y.E reservation form.
- A team member will follow up by email.
*Please note that Trent Staff and Faculty looking to book space should reach out to our Executive Director, Sam Rockbrune via email: email@example.com
Have any questions or want to learn more? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The KWIC renovation (2019-2021) was made possible through the generous support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation, Trent University and community partners: Lett Architects, Mortlock Construction and Burrow.