How is KWIC funded?
KWIC appreciates the generous support offered by our community. Funding for our global education activities and programs, and youth engagement projects is received by
- individual and group memberships and donations
- special fundraising projects, such as the annual KWIC Bowl the World fundraising bowlathon, KWIC Shirt Sales
- support from Trent University refundable student levy and Environmental Sciences and Resource Centre and Trent partnerships
- Provincial Government: Ontario Trillium Foundation, HRSDC Job Creation Programs
- Federal Government: Canada Summer Jobs
- Municipal Government: The City of Peterborough
- Donations in kind for special events and activities
Interested to support KWIC"s work?
This is our wish list and ideas of how you can help! Did we miss something? Let us know how you would like to be involved.
- Cash donations to assist with human resources required to implement programs and activities
- Books and dvd's on current world and local issues
- Organize a community fundraising event for KWIC
- Become a monthly donor or consider KWIC as a beneficiary
- Become a key sponsor to a KWIC signature event: Bowl The World for Global Education Bowlathon, Global Youth Day spring conference, a KWIC World Issues Cafe
- Volunteer with KWIC, join our board of directors, committee or working group